Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Rain, rain, rain.

Well here is the merry month of May and we've still got heavy rain here in the South West!  I really don't like it. 

I managed to dash off a fairly quick card yesterday and get into the post.  I do like the new Anna Griffin Engraved Botanica paper craft assortment set that I bought recently.  Was able to throw a few embelishments on to a card, though I did move them around to decide where best to stick them.  I also used a Tonic butterfly punch with a couple of the delicious papers from the AG blue pack. 



Have distressed the edges of the A6 card with Adirondack Denim ink, and printed the sentiment with this as well.  Matted onto navy blue card.  I was eager to be able to see the little birds on the patterned paper, they're just peeping out top LHS!  I must admit I had to put a 'Large' stamp onto the envelope as the pre-layering of the embelishment is quite deep - 3 layers.  (Thanks to Paula Whittaker for the basic idea for this card.)  I didn't even put any glittering on the embelishments, I was in such a rush to get to the post-box!

Thank you for calling by, may the rain stop soon.  (Even my garden has had enough now!  All my buckets and tubs are full of water.) 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, such a pretty design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card you could enter it into the crafty catz challenge
    http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    as this week it is anything goes
    linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Emm and the backing paper is gorgeous.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, love the design and the papers, great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bueatiful card Emm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, so good to be beginning to have comments on my work! I'll try and get more adventurous some time. Very new to this blogging business, need a day's play to learn some more and update I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.