Friday, 18 May 2012

Family birthdays, and Marmite

Somehow I've managed to miss my niece's birthday.  It's been in my diary as 18 May since she was born, and yesterday I find out via Facebook that it's actually on 17 May!  How has that happened?  (Edit - I find that I was right all along - it's a device she's used on Facebook so no-one steals her identity!)  I'm planning to see my brother and his family at the weekend, so will take her card with me.  However it was my brother's birthday last week, my 'little' brother was 64!  Again, how has that happened?  I certainly don't feel old enough to be his big sister.  Men are usually difficult to make cards for and I've been through the sailing ship, walking boots, beer bottle type of card, so what for this year?  I've recently discovered Dyan Reaveley's products at Art From The Heart and thought I could do a card that he might appreciate.  At least he does keep the cards that I send him!  So this is what I came up with, it got more obvious when I remembered how old he was going to be.

Happy Birthday, brother J
 It's not too multi-layered/dimensional as it had to go in the post.  Fortunately he said he liked it!  The Vera, Chuck & Dave is a reference to a line in the Beatles song 'When I'm 64.'  (In case you're so young you don't remember Beatles songs.) 

My friend, R, also had a birthday a few weeks ago, but as she has been on holiday I've now got one to give to her.  Discovered that she does love the black stuff so have made the following for her.  It's cut from some wrapping paper that I found with the lid and jar label 3d a little.  Card candi down the RHS and baker's twine on the LHS.  The raised pieces were stuck onto some card and there is Glossy Accents on the Marmite pot on the label.  I've also bought her the limited edition Jubilee jar of Ma'amite.  I'll be decorating the gift bag with another pic and a Union Flag.  The stamped background is one I bought in WSM (Weston super Mare) last week, and just realised that it looks like the stuff you do cross stitch on.  (Slightly out of focus, but you get my drift.) 
(Edit:  for copyright reasons, only use wrapping paper like this for personal use, not for selling. EG)

Jubilee jar!
Have a great weekend, I plan to, and thank you for stopping by.  EmmGee x

3 comments:

  1. Great cards, you can keep the 2nd one yuck, hubby would like it though lol. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I am a Marmite Kid, I love the stuff and this is the first card I have seen with it being showcased.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not sure what the copyright is on using the wrapping paper like this, but not selling, private use only. I have soooooo much wrapping paper that I intend (and do) using to make cards with.

      Delete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.