Saturday, 28 April 2012

Anna Griffin inspired cards

I recently bought a Special Offer of Anna Griffin products from a SellyTelly channel.  I think one of my first ventures into 'grown-up' crafting was with some of her products a few years ago.  While they are a bit chintzy for my current more grungy style I do love her images.  What's more they are generally received with great enthusiasm so that makes playing with them so very worthwhile.  (And very saleable if you have a craft stall!)

Good luck in your retirement April 2012
A5 blank card matted with paper & card.  Then various elements from the kit arranged on the card (my own choices, and not from the design sheet.)  There were also stamps in this kit for printing a greeting on an insert.  I stampted the greeting in a swirly frame.  This one was for my line manager who retired yesterday. 



For my Friends . . . on the occasion of your son's wedding
For a 'long standing friend' (rather than old friend) and her husband, their #2 son gets married next week.  While I was making a much simpler card for the young couple I thought his parents deserved a card as well - do we need an excuse to make a card?  This is also an A5 card loosely based on one in the design sheet.  I do glitterise these cards with Sakura pens, I also added an 's' to the Friend on the tag.  They were delighted with the card.  Good luck to them all - particularly J & M, the young couple involved. 

I always put an insert sheet into my cards and try to remember to either stamp or stick 'Handmade/crafted by' label on the back of my cards. 

Greetings to those new followers I've acquired in recent days, welcome all and thanks for supportive comments. 

10 comments:

  1. two truley stunning cards x love all the butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous, lovely colors, the flowers and butterflies and the ribbon on both are gorgeous colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 beautiful cards, the layouts and colours love them both xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards Emma. Finally found my way back to your blog! Do you have a photo of the Wedding Card you made for your friends' son's Wedding?? As my mind has gone a total blank when I try and start my son's Wedding Card!!! spk soon lol Susiesu xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both cards, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these cards the butterfly one is gorgeous.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.