Thursday, 26 April 2012

#1 Son and DIL


Congratulations to a Lovely Couple on their 1st Anniversary!


Almost a 'Less is More' simple design!  But does have two layers I suppose.  The background stamp is a Paper Artsy one and the two hares are the free stamp from a recent issue of Craft Stamper.  Have decopaged the 'stamp' in bottom RH corner, and cut two small butterflies from coloured old-text paper.  I love this quote, my favourite place of finding it is in a Frog & Toad story by Arnold Lobel that I used to read to my sons when they were small.  Frog & Toad had heard that Spring was round the corner so they went looking round corners to see if they could find it!!!  It was going to be a 'just because' card for J & I, then it was almost their anniversary so I couldn't resist adding the butterflies and giving it to them for that occasion. 


Another version of the same theme - this time on a teeny-tiny canvas I bought from The Works for about 99p.  I really bought it for the small easel, which is just the right size to display cards on for taking photographs! 

6 comments:

  1. Love both of these,just fabulous.A new follower.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first one, especially the butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, they're so lovely x And I bought the same easel, it's perfect for little cards xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the supportive comments! I've still got such a lot to learn about this blogging business! x

      Delete
  4. Love the card and canvas. I, too bought the same canvas and easel from The Works as I wanted the easel to display the current ATC from a monthly ATC Swop I am in. Have not done anything with the canvas yet though! lol Susiesu xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.