I've just spent a very indulgent hour watching a TV programme based in the Brecon Beacons. I just love the scenery of that area. My Mother's family are from around Brecon and I try to visit as often as I can during the year. I still have cousins farming around Brecon. I didn't realise that the Pen-y-fan and Corn Du are the highest peaks in Southern Britain. (South of Snowdonia.)
This is a picture I took from a layby on the main road through the Beacons from Brecon to Cardiff last Autumn. It's looking back towards Brecon, so Pen y fan not in the picture. (There is another picture of Pen y fan from Brecon in an old post further down.) The mountains are glorious is every weather, even when you can't see the summit properly through the mist. I love the different colours in the different seasons, and particularly delight in trees against the sky line, though none too obvious in this picture. We should use nature's colours in our crafting/art work - they work!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.