Sunday, 19 February 2012

What's this all about?

Posted by Picasa

2nd post of today, been looking through my photographs.

Couldn't resist taking this picture.  Last October, when in Brecon, Powys. - I was walking across the bridge over a tributary of the River Usk when I spotted these workmen!  They were cutting down trees on the river bank.  Too good to miss.  Fortunately it hadn't been raining too hard or the work would've been impossible.  In heavy rain the rivers turn reddy-brown and flow even faster.  (Note to self - look up name of this river.)

My brother and his family are going on a narrow boat on the Usk canal (Brecon-Monmouth?) later in the year.  There are long boats/narrow boats on the canal outside the theatre in Brecon, that may be where the holiday starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.