Sunday, 1 July 2012

Fantastic Mr Fox

Saw this naughty fox in the deer park at Ashton Court Estate, Bristol.  Well, officially North Somerset, but owned by Bristol city council.  Didn't see where he went after this but hope the deer were safe.


Fox in deer park!

  We'd been on a walk to find some orchids that are in the park.  We found them!  They're just going over now, but were still lovely.

Found the orchids

I hadn't been out for a long walk for ages, well this summer hasn't really been condusive to going too far!  But it was a lovely day.  Went with a friend whose birthday it was, it's mine today and we usually do something together to celebrate.  I joined her with a couple of other friends and their dog and it was excellent, though a bit further than I might've walked myself.  Showers at times, and lo and behold, I bumped into two people that I know while we were out!  I really do need some more exercise. 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me, it's AGES since I took a walk in Ashton Court, despite just living up the road for a couple of years (in Failand)

    Lovely pix

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Since the beginning of July a car park charge of £1.00/day has been introduced! But I walked in parts of the park that I'd never walked in before. The wild flower meadow, beyond the golf course and above the mini railway is where the orchids were. Probably over by now! Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.