Thursday, 21 June 2012

Very Quick Knitting

I bought a Kobo, an e-book reader similar to a Kindle, a few months ago and have enjoyed reading several books on it.  I opted for a Kobo as we can download books free from our local libraries site.  I belong to a book group and am trying to get the books from the library as I strongly believe that they need continual support.  I've also enjoyed reading sereral of the classics that were pre-loaded on the reader.  Some I hadn't read for many years and some I'd missed altogether. 

I've been keeping my reader in a small cloth bag lined with some wadding.  The other day I spotted a knitting pattern for an e-book cover and thought 'I could do that'!  However I didn't want to buy any new yarn and so adapted the pattern for some red yarn that I'd bought some time ago.  It is totally different to the original pattern and I'm quite pleased with myself for adapting it to what I wanted.  It's knitted in an Aran/chunky yarn with smaller needles than you'd normally use for this yarn, as I wanted the texture to be quite firm and not to stretch.  I've sewn the wadding from the original cover into the inside. 

Jubilee e-book cover!


I'm amazed that I finished this, including embellishments, within 24 hours!  This is an achievement for me as I usually finish knitting something then take months to get item sewn together.  Another case of I really ought to try and finish two things/projects before starting a new one. 

3 comments:

  1. Cool idea!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog this morning but I'm only three miles from Filton and it's anything but sunny here!!!!

    Happy Thursday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: A4 maze book ..... same principle as the 12" x 12". Fold A4 in half lengthways, flatten. Fold A4 in half top to bottom and then again top to middle and bottom to middle so you have one lengthways fold and three width folds. Cut along lengthways fold from one end, stopping at the last width ways fold. Assemble your maze book by folding as per 12" x 12".

    Hope that makes sense

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will have a go later. I did follow a 12x12 video and made a different one to the one you showed. I'll photo later, not finished yet. Also found some videos on Rosemerry's blog. Not sure if the same as the one you've done though. EmG

      Delete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.