Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Who wants to be 100?

This card was made for a friend's aunt to give to their mother/grandmother who was 100 last week.  The request was for a large card (A4) with a posy on it.  The greeting was also dictated to me.  Sometimes I think I'd like a bit more of a free hand with commissions, but think this worked very well. 



They liked it and I was pleased with the result.  More dictated wording inside.  I always put an inner in cards.  Especially commissioned ones.  Just adds that 'more expensive' factor I think.  Took quite a long time to actually make, once I'd decided what I wanted to create.  Dozen (might've been 10) handcrafted roses of 3 different sizes and 3 or 4 colours, distressed with some London Fog ink.  Butterflies made with a Tonic punch, liberal use of doileys, embelished with 'pearls'.  Lettering made with my Memory Makers Slice m/c, with a 'shadow' effect also cut out by m/c and a bit of glitter on main letters, numbers.  The tricky part was (a) sticking the letters on their shadows, then (b) lining up and sticking on the card.  The large gold oval was cut with a friend's Cricut.  Pearlised main card.  (30 A3 sheets from Create & Craft.)  The butterflies and bow (wired ribbon) would need to be tweeked up after delivery. 
dd

 caption



2 comments:

  1. Lovely card

    Further to your comment on my own blog - I am in Stoke Gifford

    Merry Christmas to you and your family

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is spectacular to celebrate such a birthday.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog and for the info regarding Dyan Reaveley, very helpful - thanks

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.