Monday, 12 September 2011

Weekend in Newbury

I've had a wonderful weekend away with school friends. We've known each other for over 50 years! Sadly one of our number had fallen off a step ladder last weekend and broken one arm and wrist. She did manage to join us (with the help of her daughter who lived nearby). This is the Get Well Soon card that I made for us all to sign and give to her.

It's an Anna Griffin kit, everyday/essential cards or somesuch. I've made it into a larger (A5) card so plenty of room for us all to sign inside. Mounted onto an A5 cream card, oh, and also used the new Martha Steward 'stamp around the edge' kit that I bought recently. I've had fun using that as well. I overwrote the 'Get Well' label on the cup and some of the pattern on the cup with Sakurra (?) glitter pens.  Always put an inner in my cards.  Time was short to make this so used a kit.

(I've got to get a blogging friend to show me how to put a watermark/copyright label on pictures, and a 'Please don't use my ideas' bit on the side of my blog. See - still lots to learn!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma this is beautiful you seem to be mastering onto this blogging lark very well. I am sure your friend was thrilled with this card.We must catch up soon. Luv Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me today. I do hope you enjoy my creations and witterings. Constructive comments always welcome.